Wednesday 10 July 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long Proposed List Q3

The Third Quarter of the 2019 Finish-A-Long is starting. At least this time I did not miss the link-up for the second quarter!
You can find the information about the Finish-A- Long on  Leanne's blog She Can Quilt. There you will find more detail on how this link up works and also find the list of bloggers who are hosting this great event.

My goal list for the third quarter will again be smallish and some projects have definitely dropped off...there is just no point in adding them when I already know that I am not going to do it.

1. Funky Bird Quilt
Have started quilting this which will take a while. I decided in the end to make use of the many rulers that I have accumulated...did not want to go over the applique (which took forever!) with an overall design.

2. Wholecloth Quilt
Embarrassed to say but that one is still on the list. Made absolutely no progress on this as I was finishing  my other wholecloth for the show.
The design just needs to be cleaned up a bit and thought through and then the marking can begin. Have the fabric sorted (even got extra fabric for binding ready!) so there is really no excuse! This wholecloth was started at a workshop with Cindy Needham using her many stencils. Really want to do this to have a memento of that workshop.

3. Fox Quilt
I love Elizabeth Hartman's patterns. I got this for Christmas, I think...this is definitely a quilt waiting to be made. Decided to use my very special, special fabric for this...The Dryad fabric range by Shannon Brinkley! Have done her Drifting Leaves quilt and just love the fabric, so much so when I saw it advertised on special overseas, I jumped at it. Had actually not considered doing the foxes with this fabric, but the other day I was thinking...how ridiculous...what am I saving this fabric for?

4. Hexie Quilt
Finally bought myself a whole stack of hexagons to make a start on a hexagon quilt. I have been collecting the fabric for some years for this purpose.
Don't think I will get around to sewing this yet, but if I could at least start cutting the hexagons and prepare them for sewing, that would be a start.
This will be an on-going project for the year.

Linking up to she can quilt for the FAL Q3 List of Finishes Link-up

Karin

9 comments:

  1. These are all such great projects! You always seem to get a lot done. I can't wait to see your wholecloth! I'd like to make one too someday. I have one long list of future projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all lovely projects. Good luck finishing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the funky bird quilt, it really looks a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the birds and the fabric for the foxes looks great -- so great projects to make progress on :) Hope you have lots of sewing fun this new quarter! xo Melanie

    www.mellmeyer.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, love your bird quilt! Those are great goals - I'm sure you will get a lot done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colorful birds, they make me happy !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Funky Birds are hysterical! I can't help but smile when I see it. It sounds like the quilting with be time consuming ... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the long term hexy project. The foxes will be fabulous! The whole cloth quilt, too! I can't wait to see all your finishes. On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts