Wednesday 31 July 2019

Finished

I finished the quilting on my Funky Bird Quilt

Very happy with the result...decided in the end to just add some lines into the narrow border.  This was a bit of a hassle...I am finding dead straight lines actually quite difficult. I was using the 2in Skinny Ruler and while it was nice and long it also kept sliding away from my alignment. So I did this very slowly and deliberate...a few wobbles here and there but acceptable.

Cut the binding, but then I got side tracked into more FMQ...wanted to use up the last of the white thread in the bobbin. The low sensor alarm had gone off so I did not think that I had a lot of thread left. Played with the Petal Pusher ruler and created a little mini dahlia
...then kept going until the thread ran out. Need to adjust my bobbin sensor as this just kept going and going.
That was it for me today...now only need to attach the binding on that quilt and I have my first finish for the third quarter of the 2019 Finish A-Long.
Karin

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE how this came out! The appliques are so cute and your quilting is just the perfect "icing" on this pretty "cake!" Thanks for sharing photos of this project.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts